Well, I think I’ve done it. I think I have made the decision – I am going to sell framed prints of my images online!
I’ll admit, I am quite nervous, I will need to invest in a few things up front and the whole project might just be a total flop, but I also thought it would be a great opportunity to write about the process. At the moment, I am very much at the planning stage.
I need to think about:
- the platform for the shop
- how do I produce the printed photograph
- where will I get the frames from
- how will I package the finished product
- how long will it take me to prepare an order
- how will I post the finished product
- how will I price the images
- should I just offer one fixed size of print, or a range of options
- how will I manage the accounts to make sure all relevant earnings etc. are declared
- how will I market my shop so people actually know about it?
I am certain this is not a comprehensive list! Hopefully along with my photography I’ll be able to write about each of these as I come to them.
Will you come with me on this journey?